Several lottery customer service centers around Virginia begins reopening
RICHMOND, Va. (WWBT) – Beginning June 1, several lottery customer service centers around Virginia will reopen for business.
Lottery customers can claim prizes of any size in person at these locations that will be reopening:
The Lottery’s Prize Zone in downtown Richmond will remain closed.
Richmond-area players can use the Lottery’s Prize Zone West, located on East Parham Road in Henrico.
The Lottery is instituting new safety precautions at the reopened offices which includes:
- All customers and employees are required to wear a protective mask.
- Do not bring guests or family members unless they are needed to complete the transaction.
- Customers claiming a prize will receive a claim packet and pen, then return to their car to fill out the form. (Customers can expedite this process by downloading a Virginia Lottery claim form here and filling it out beforehand.)
- When the packet is completed, customers can ask for a ticket for processing and be ready for the next socially distant marked space in line.
- As always, tickets must be signed, and the winner must show a current photo ID and proof of Social Security number. Full instructions are on the Virginia Lottery’s How to Claim page.
- Virginia Lottery employees will be on hand to assist with social distancing directions.
For addresses to all customer service centers in the commonwealth, click here.
Copyright 2020 WWBT. All rights reserved.
Beginning June 1, several lottery customer service centers around Virginia will reopen for business.
- Phone (804) 692-7000
- Mailing Address Virginia Lottery
900 East Main Street
Richmond, VA 23219
About the Agency
Since 1988, the Virginia Lottery has been producing fun and exciting games for Virginians to enjoy. When players have fun, the Lottery has fun! With every game purchase, sales increase, and more profits can be turned over to the Commonwealth. And since 1999, 100% of the Lottery’s profits support Virginia public education, K-12.
To lead the Lottery through its third decade, teams of employees have developed a long-term strategy in the balanced scorecard framework, which includes a strategy map, indicators to measure progress and strategic initiatives. The balanced scorecard will help ensure successful implementation of the Lottery’s mission, vision, and strategy statement:
Mission – Contributing to Virginia’s future one play at a time.
Vision – the Virginia Lottery will become an innovative leader in delivering games to the broadest possible consumer base.
Strategy statement – To increase the number of adult Virginians who play at least monthly to 37% by December 2017, we will focus our efforts on the digital needs of consumers and provide a superior customer experience.
Virginia Lottery Contact Phone (804) 692-7000 Mailing Address Virginia Lottery 900 East Main Street Richmond, VA 23219 About the Agency Since 1988, the Virginia Lottery