Powerball results for 06/05/19; jackpot worth $40 million
The Powerball Numbers (white) for June 5: 17-23-28-34-38. The Red Powerball Power Number: 8. The Power Play Number: 3.
LANSING, MI – There was no winner of the $40 million Powerball jackpot for the drawing held on Wednesday, June 5.
That means the drawing on Saturday, June 8 will be worth $53 million with a cash option of $34.3 million.
The Powerball Numbers (white) for June 5: 17-23-28-34-38
The Red Powerball Power Number: 8
The Power Play Number: 3
Powerball winners for June 5:
· While there was no grand prize winner, two players matched all five white numbers drawn to win $1 million. Those tickets were sold in New Hampshire and Pennsylvania.
· The player in Pennsylvania also played the Power Play option which increased their winnings to $2 million.
· In Michigan, two tickets sold won $50,000 in the drawing. That was the largest prize won in the state.
· There were 529,578 tickets sold that won at least $4 in the drawing. In Michigan, 16,923 tickets sold won at least $4.
Powerball is offered in 44 States, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Players select five white numbers from (1 to 69) and one red ball (1 to 26). Tickets cost $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
· The next Mega Millions drawing is Friday, June 7 with an estimated jackpot of $530 million and a cash option of $343.9 million.
· The next Lotto 47 drawing is Saturday, June 8 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $8.1 million. Deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
· Thursday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is an estimated $333,000. The drawing is at 7:29 p.m. Deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest on Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery site, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
The drawing was one day after a $1 million winning Mega Million ticket was sold in Clinton Township. That marked the second time in a week a prie that large was sold as a $1 million winning Mega Millions ticket was sold in Portland. Neither winner has come forward to claim their prize.
Those wins were just weeks after Thomas Heckman came forward to claim a $1 million winning Mega Millions ticket.
Heckman claimed his prize just days after a Genesee County woman won $4 million playing an instant lottery ticket. The 60-year-old winner had actually won $2,000 last month playing the same game.
Her win was reported just a day after a Lansing man claimed a $1 million prize. He was so shocked by his win that he thought he was being pranked at first.
The last players from Michigan to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot were Kevin and Stephanie Blake of Waterford who $21 million after splitting a $42 million jackpot on Oct. 13, 2017. Kevin picked the winning numbers by using a combination of family birthdays. After winning, the couple said they would not retire and would continue working.
And while they were lucky winners, it’s smart for players to check their tickets immediately as a winner worth $1 million sold in Ypsilanti last year went unclaimed. The ticket was purchased at the CVS in Ypsilanti, but the winner never came forward to claim the prize. The money instead went to the state’s School Aid Fund.
If you’d like to be the next player from Michigan to win a huge lottery prize, take a look at these tips from lottery expert Richard Lustig. The author of “Learn How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning The Lottery” has won more than $1 million in Florida by winning top jackpot prizes in smaller games.
Note to readers: if you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we may earn a commission.
Powerball results for 06/05/19; jackpot worth $40 million The Powerball Numbers (white) for June 5: 17-23-28-34-38. The Red Powerball Power Number: 8. The Power Play Number: 3. LANSING, MI –