Mega Millions results for 11/17/20; jackpot worth $176 million
(Courtesy Michigan Lottery)
LANSING, MI – The Mega Millions jackpot is making its way closer to $200 million as there was no winner of the $176 million jackpot for the drawing held on Tuesday, Nov. 17.
That means the drawing on Friday, Nov. 20 will be worth $188 million with a cash option of $145 million.
The Mega Millions numbers for Nov. 17: 8-13-35-46-68
The Gold Mega Ball: 16
The Megaplier: 3
Mega Millions winners for Nov. 17:
· While there was no grand prize winner, one player matched all five white numbers drawn to win $1 million. That ticket was sold in Virginia.
· However, that player did not play the Megaplier option, which would have increased their winnings, to $3 million.
· Detailed results for winners in Michigan were not available as of 9 a.m. Wednesday.
· There were 211,404 tickets sold that won at least $4 in the drawing
Mega Millions drawings are held Tuesday and Friday at 11 p.m. Five balls are drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 through 70; the Mega ball is drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 through 25. The odds of winning the jackpot is 1 in 302 million.
Mega Millions is played in 44 states, plus the District of Columbia and the Virgin Islands. Tickets cost $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
· The next Powerball drawing is Wednesday, Nov. 18 with an estimated jackpot of $179 million and a cash option of $138.9 million.
· The next Lotto 47 drawing is Wednesday, Nov. 18 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $1.1 million. Deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
· Wednesday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is an estimated $187,000. The drawing is at 7:29 p.m. Deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest on Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery site, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
The last player from Michigan to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot was Cristy Davis of Waterford who won $70 million playing Powerball in February. With her winnings, Davis said she planned to buy a new house and car.
And while she was a lucky winner, it’s smart for players to check their tickets immediately as a winner worth $1 million sold in Hartland last year went unclaimed. The ticket was purchased at the Speedway in Hartland, but the winner never came forward to claim the prize. The money instead went to the state’s School Aid Fund.
If you’d like to be the next player from Michigan to win a huge lottery prize, take a look at these tips from lottery expert Richard Lustig. The author of “Learn How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning The Lottery” has won more than $1 million in Florida by winning top jackpot prizes in smaller games.
Note to readers: if you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we may earn a commission.
Mega Millions results for 11/17/20; jackpot worth $176 million (Courtesy Michigan Lottery) LANSING, MI – The Mega Millions jackpot is making its way closer to $200 million as there was no