Massachusetts lottery locations that have sold winning Mega Millions, Powerball tickets
BOSTON (WHDH) – Two months after a South Carolina resident purchased the winning $1.5 billion Mega Millions ticket, both the Mega Millions and Powerball lottery games are approaching the $300 million jackpot mark.
For those of you who believe there are “lucky” stores out there, here’s a handy list of the seven Bay State lottery retail locations that have sold winning Mega Millions and Powerball tickets in the past.
- The Pride Station & Store in Chicopee dished out a winning Powerball ticket that won the buyer a $758 million jackpot in 2017.
- Powers Wine and Liquor in Lowell provided the winning ticket for a $294 million Mega Millions drawing in 2004.
- Appletown in Sterling sold a Powerball ticket that won a $61.5 million prize in 2013.
- The Lexington Shell station in Lexington sold a winning Powerball ticket for a $50 million prize in 2012.
- The Tedeschi Food Shops in Dorchester sold a winning Mega Millions ticket for a $32 million jackpot in 2011.
- An AM/PM Convenience store in Hyannis dished out the winning Mega Millions ticket for a $31 million jackpot in 2012.
- Joe’s Market in Fall River sold a winning Powerball ticket in 2011 that carried a $26 million prize.
The next Powerball drawing is Wednesday night.
With no winner Tuesday night, the next Mega Millions drawing will be held Friday night.
Information courtesy of Massachusetts State Lottery.
(Copyright (c) 2020 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)Massachusetts lottery locations that have sold winning Mega Millions, Powerball tickets BOSTON (WHDH) – Two months after a South Carolina resident purchased the winning $1.5 billion Mega Millions
The Luckiest Places to Buy Lottery Tickets in Massachusetts
The Massachusetts Lottery gave WHDH in Boston a list of some of their ‘lucky’ locations. Meaning, these stores have seen some big winners over the last several years.
According to WHDH in Boston, the number of big winnings is a direct reflection of the number of tickets sold. However, the list, which dates back to the year 2005 shows how many scratch tickets worth one million dollars or more were won in each of the ‘luckiest locations!’
Every once in a while, I’ll get a couple of scratch tickets at my local store if I have a few extra dollars in my pocket. But, I never seem to win anything over $2. I get excited on those rare occasions when I hit for $5. I can’t imagine the feeling of winning a huge prize.
Now, we just have to do some digging and find out the luckiest locations in the Granite State for our own lottery tickets.If you want to maybe increase your odds of winning the lottery in the Bay State, you may want to buy your tickets at certain locations. ]]>